“Making valuable contributions to society” is the corporate philosophy of Yamasa Corporation. Our aim is to conduct a fair and wholesome business by continuing to provide safe products, support to the community, customer care, and environmental conservation with topmost integrity.
When viewing various environmental impacts that accompany our corporate activities, we respond by making decisions that are best to preserve the environment.
Environmental issues frequently occur in daily corporate activities and the choices that companies make reflect the awareness and attitude of the corporation and their employees, thus affecting the rest of society.
We the Yamasa Corporation recognizes that corporate activities must work harmonious with the environment. We pay close attention to conserving the environment and work together to proactively reduce negative impacts to the environment.
“Maintain a green factory.”
– Seek methods to reduce weight and recycle our product’s packaging and strive to use returnable containers that can be used repeatedly.
– For easier sorting and recycling, we use caps that are easy to remove from PET bottles and jars.
– Reducing container packages that are disposed after one use.
– At Yamasa Corporation, we separate our industrial waste and recycle as much as possible.
– “Pressed cake” (Moromi leftover residue after the Moromi is pressed) is not thrown away but given as cattle feed.
– Excess “Soy sauce oil” comes from soybeans during the process of making soy sauce is used as boiler fuel.
– The bonito flakes and the Kombu leftovers from the process of making our Dashi are used as cattle feed and fertilizers.
– We separate and recycle packing materials used in delivering raw materials and packaged materials.
– Based on the containers and packaging recycling Law, we conclude a recycling consignment contract and support the recycling system.
– We strive to use environmentally friendly stationary items as well as uniforms that are recyclable.
– In order to reduce CO2 emissions, we switched most of the boiler fuel from Type-A heavy oil to LNG.
We have started using LNG boilers from 2009.
– We hold study sessions to raise environmental awareness within the office.
Goya Green Curtain
– We grow a green curtain of goya outside our office building, and feel cool and refreshed in the summer heat.
– We support food banks such as Second Harvest Japan and Food Bank Chiba by periodically providing them with our soy sauce and tsuyu products.
– We clean the roads around the factory, remove trash from parks, and engage in activities that beautify the community.
– We visit elementary schools in Choshi and offer actual soy sauce manufacturing experience, as well as providing dietary education. We periodically provide them our soy sauce and tsuyu products as well.