Yamasa Corporation (hereafter “our company”) recognizes the importance of personal information and considers appropriate handling of personal information to be an important duty. Our company works to protect personal information by painstakingly adhering to the following policies.
- Compliance with laws and ordinances
- When handling personal information, our company complies with laws and ordinances regarding the protection of such information.
- Collection of personal information
- To provide good service to our customers, our company conducts surveys, provides email distribution services, distributes data, accepts email inquiries and offers various prizes. In doing so, we ask customers to provide us with personal information when necessary. When taking custody of customers’ personal information, we inform them in advance of how it will be used and ask for no more information than needed for those purposes.
- Managing and protecting personal information
- Our company manages customers’ personal information in an appropriate manner and works to prevent that information from leaving the company. We also take appropriate and reasonable safety measures to protect customers’ personal information from risks including unauthorized external access, loss, destruction and alteration.
- Use of personal information
- When customers provide our company with personal information, we use it only for the purposes customers are informed of when they provide the information, and we are careful not to violate customers’ rights.
We use personal information customers provide mainly for the following purposes.
- Delivering prizes
- Providing information about events
- Distributing email newsletters
- Responding to inquiries from customers
Our company sometimes sends information by email or other methods to customers who have provided us with their personal information. If you do not want this information, please let us know, and we will stop sending it to you.
- Providing personal information to third parties
- Our company does not disclose or provide customers’ personal information to third parties unless the customer agrees or disclosure is justifiably requested based on laws and ordinances. And when we do provide personal information to other companies, we use confidentiality agreements and other methods to prevent those companies from leaking or redistributing that information. And when offering statistical information to others, we only do so in a manner that prevents them from identifying individual customers.
- Disclosure and revision of personal information
- If a customer personally asks that her personal information be disclosed, revised or deleted, our company will disclose, revise or delete that information to the extent reasonably possible.
However, our company might not do so if there is reason to believe it will harm the life, health, property or other interests of other customers, or if we judge that it will markedly hinder our company carrying out its business operations, or if it would violate a law or ordinance.
- Making improvements
- With regard to our handling of customers’ personal information, we will reconsider and improve the preceding items when appropriate. Accordingly, this policy may be modified without prior notice.